FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2016
SOUTH TEXAS ENERGY & ECONOMIC ROUNDTABLE ANNOUNCES
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR 2016 EAGLE FORD EXCELLENCE AWARDS
– STEER awards to recognize companies and contractors operating in the Eagle Ford –
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS (July 23, 2016) – The South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable (STEER), serving the Eagle Ford Shale region in South Texas, is opening its call for nominations for the fourth annual Eagle Ford Excellence Awards. The awards are focused on honoring members of the oil and gas community for diligent efforts to preserve the environment, ensure safety in and around the Eagle Ford Shale region and give back to the community in which they live in and serve.
Led by president and CEO, Omar Garcia, STEER works to ensure the development of the Eagle Ford’s energy resources is accomplished in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the industry and communities throughout South Texas. The Eagle Ford Excellence Awards recognizes companies and organizations that are acting with consideration to the values that STEER sees as essential for continued advancements that benefit the greater South Texas community.
“Although it has been a tough year in the oil and gas industry, it’s encouraging to see that companies have remained focused on safety, environmental protection and community involvement,” said Garcia. He continued, “It’s important, particularly in times like this, to persevere and stay true to your core principles. STEER is proud to honor those companies who share our value and vision.”
Eagle Ford Excellence Award categories include:
- Environmental Stewardship: To be considered for this category, organizations must demonstrate elements of innovation in reducing environmental impact through implementation of practices or use of technology benefiting the environment, current, practical applications of the solution or initiative and long-term, sustainable environmental benefits.
- Safety Performance: To win an award in this category, applicants must have developed specific initiatives or products that have reduced the risk to workers and members of the local community. These initiatives should be evident in the company’s culture and safety record.
- Community and Social Investment: To receive an award in this category, the organization must show true commitment to the community. The applicant should have
provided a benefit to deserving individuals or groups, positively impacted the company or organization’s reputation in the communities in which it works, or provided a measurable and positive impact on its surrounding community.
- STEER Impact Award: This category is intended for nonprofit organizations and educational facilities working with the oil and gas industry in the Eagle Ford Shale. For consideration in this category, organizations must demonstrate excellence in: education, economic development, workforce development/training, safety performance, community relations or environmental stewardship.
Third-party judges will examine the description and evidence provided to determine the winner for each category. Entries that best demonstrate commitment to the protection of the environment, community involvement and safety – issues that the oil and gas industry considers to be a top priority – will receive recognition from STEER for their efforts.
STEER will accept both applications and third-party nominations for the Eagle Ford Excellence Awards. To apply for an award or submit a nomination for companies, contractors or organizations working in the Eagle Ford Shale visit steer.com/efea and complete the necessary forms. STEER will contact nominated entities to complete the application process.
Award entries and nominations must be submitted before the deadline of Monday, September 26, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. CST. Full details on the categories and additional information, including entry forms, can be found at steer.com/efea. Winners will be honored at an event in San Antonio on Wednesday, November 30.
2015 Eagle Ford Excellence Award winners:
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Listo Services
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: FTS International
Community and Social Investment
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Energy Waste
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: NuStar Energy L.P.
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Exclusive Energy
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: Weatherford
Falls City Education Foundation
About South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable (STEER)
The South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable (STEER) is the leading Eagle Ford Shale resource in the region and is the primary coordinator for communication and public advocacy surrounding the oil and natural gas industry in South Texas. With a focus on South Texas, STEER will serve as the bridge connecting the industry and legislature, academia and the communities throughout South Texas to ensure positive collaboration and communication surrounding the activities associated with the Eagle Ford Shale. For more information about STEER, visit STEER.com.
STEER, Director of External Affairs